CL310: Red Hat OpenStack Administration III
Learn to deploy, manage, and configure storage and OpenStack
The Red Hat OpenStack Administration III (CL310) course provides extensive hands-on training for experienced system administrators in how to use the distributed storage features of Red Hat® Ceph Storage and the networking capabilities of OpenStack Neutron. Students will set up a Ceph environment and its configuration as a back end for OpenStack, and configure and use the advanced features of OpenStack Neutron.
Students will set up a Ceph environment and its configuration as a back end for OpenStack, and configure and use the advanced features of OpenStack Neutron.
Course content summary
- Deploy Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Manage snapshots in Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Access Ceph Storage through Ceph block device (RBD) and Ceph object gateway (RADOSGW)
- Configure Red Hat Ceph Storage as a storage back end for OpenStack Services
- Manage networks based on VXLAN, VLAN and GRE
- Deploy and using load-balancer-as-a-service (LBaaS) in OpenStack Neutron
- Troubleshoot Neutron issues
Audience & Pre-Requisites
Experienced Linux system administrators responsible for managing OpenStack environments who want to learn:
- To configure scalable and distributed storage as a storage back end for OpenStack
- The advanced features offered by OpenStack Neutron
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification or equivalent experience
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack certification or equivalent experience
- Have taken Red Hat OpenStack Administration (CL210) course
Duration: 4 days (Full-time)
Training Fee: Rs.44,000/- (Plus GST)
Introduction to Red Hat Ceph Storage
Introduce Red Hat Ceph Storage architecture, components, and attributes.
Describe Red Hat Ceph Storage components and features
Describe the components and features of Red Hat Ceph Storage.
Deploy and access Red Hat Ceph Storage
Create snapshots and clones for Red Hat Ceph Storage.
Create snapshots and clones
Manage snapshots and clones of a Ceph Block Device (RBD).
Ceph with the Glance Image service
Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Glance Image service to store OpenStack images in Ceph.
Ceph with the Cinder Block Storage service
Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Cinder Block Storage service to provide OpenStack volumes in Ceph.
Ceph with the Nova compute service
Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Nova compute service to store instance data in Ceph.
Introduce networking fundamentals
Review networking concepts and deploy OpenStack with a separate Neutron networking node.
Manage network interfaces manually (using the ip command) and persistently.
Create and deploy virtual network devices.
Virtual network devices
Install the Heat orchestration service.
Manage and implement networks inside a network namespace.
Verify and manage the Neutron services.
Provisioning tenant networks
Provision tenant networks using VXLAN tunnels, GRE tunnels, and VLANs.
Implementing load-balancer-as-a-service (LBaaS)
Neutron networking services
Diagnose and troubleshoot issues with the Neutron networking service.
Review tasks from the Red Hat OpenStack III course.