CL210: Red Hat OpenStack Administration II: Day 2 Operations for Cloud Operators
Build advanced skills for performing Red Hat OpenStack Platform day 2 operations and management of hybrid cloud infrastructure
Red Hat OpenStack Administration II: Day 2 Operations for Cloud Operators (CL210) is designed for cloud operators, service administrators, and automation engineers who operate and manage a full-featured hybrid and private cloud-computing environment using Red Hat OpenStack Platform. You will learn how to manage, monitor, troubleshoot, and scale a Red Hat OpenStack Platform infrastructure. This course focuses on using the OpenStack Client command-line user interface to configure metrics, policies, and architecture in order to support enterprise cloud applications and daily operations.
This course is based on Red Hat OpenStack version 16.1 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 8.2
Course content summary
- Managing overcloud service containerization technology.
- Providing metrics for performance tuning and governance.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting Open Virtual Networking (OVN) network flow.
- Configuring Identity service using an external Red Hat IdM store.
- Managing the core control plane, including Pacemaker.
- Customizing images, with techniques for multiple use cases.
- Managing block and object storage back-ends.
- Managing compute nodes, including tuning and hyperconverged.
- Troubleshooting Red Hat OpenStack Platform..
Audience for this course
- Cloud operators responsible for managing daily operations and automation.
- Infrastructure architects interested in or responsible for maintaining a large-scale private or hybrid cloud.
Prerequisites for this course
- Be a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE), Red Hat Certified Specialist in Ansible Automation, or demonstrate equivalent experience.
- For candidates that have not earned an RHCE or equivalent, confirmation of the correct skill-set knowledge can be obtained by taking our free assessment to gauge whether this offering is the best fit for your skills.
- Attend Red Hat OpenStack Administration I: Core Operations for Domain Operators (CL110), or demonstrate equivalent experience.
Duration: 4 days (Full-time)
Training Fee: Please call or email
Navigate the Red Hat OpenStack Platform architecture
Describe the undercloud and overcloud architecture and service components.
Operate the control plane
Describe and manage the critical core services of the Red Hat OpenStack Platform control plane.
Manage infrastructure security
Protect the Red Hat OpenStack Platform infrastructure by securing service component files and endpoints.
Manage user security
Configure secure user privileges using domain-based identity management, scoped roles, and project organization.
Manage application deployment resources
Create and manage the common, shared deployment resources including custom images, flavors, and metadata services.
Describe and manage storage architecture and components, with an emphasis on Red Hat Ceph Storage back ends.
Create, manage, and troubleshoot data center and virtual network infrastructure.
Manage compute node operations
Describe the architecture and management processes for normal and hyperconverged compute nodes. Perform common operational tasks for compute nodes to support workload uptime and scaling.
Monitor Red Hat OpenStack Platform operations
Describe the monitoring framework and architecture to gather, store, and use operational metrics.
Automate cloud applications
Implement and deploy complex and scalable applications using automation technologies.
Describe and practice the tools and methods for diagnosing and troubleshooting issues encountered during deployment and management operations.
Review tasks from Red Hat OpenStack Platform Administration II: Day 2 Operations for Cloud Operators.